I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Virginia and Washington, D.C. and have over 16 years of experience providing therapy to children, adolescents, and adults. I specialize in work with individuals experiencing depression, anxiety, relationship and life transition stressors, trauma, addiction, and grief/loss.
In addition to practice, I contract with businesses to provide on-site therapy and workshops for employees in areas of stress management, achieving work-life balance, managing conflicts, and increasing overall well-being. I also provide executive-level training services in areas such as self-care, assertive communication, time management, mindfulness, and personal development. Additionally, I provide clinical supervision to master’s-level counselors-in-training who are seeking licensure in Virginia and the District of Columbia.
I am also active in research, which centers on veterans’ issues and the psychological impacts of war and combat. I’ve presented on the topic of moral injury at national and regional conferences. As a registered therapy provider through the volunteer Give an Hour program, I offer pro-bono mental health services to U.S. troops.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. If I’m not the right fit for you, I will gladly help you find another therapist who might be based on your needs.
Doctor of Philosophy (Counselor Education and Supervision)
George Washington University
Master of Science (Counseling)
Georgia State University
Post-graduate Clinical Training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
The Israel Center for the Treatment of Psychotrauma
- Licensed Professional Counselor in DC: PRC14247
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Virginia: #0701005880
- American Counseling Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Virginia Counseling Association
- Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors
Find me on:
- Counseling Today – “Standing in the shadow of addiction”
- VOA News – “This Shared Fear Unites Us During Pandemic”
- HRCI – “How to Help Employees Cope With Anxiety in Times of Crisis”