I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Virginia and Washington, D.C. and have over 17 years of experience providing therapy to children, adolescents, and adults. I specialize in work with individuals experiencing depression, anxiety, relationship and life transition stressors, trauma, chemical dependency, and grief/loss.
In addition to practice, I contract with businesses to provide on-site therapy and workshops for employees in areas of stress management, achieving work-life balance, managing conflicts, and increasing overall well-being. I also provide executive-level training services in areas such as self-care, assertive communication, anxiety management, mindfulness, and personal development. Additionally, I provide clinical supervision to master’s- and doctorate- level counselors in training who are seeking licensure in Virginia and the District of Columbia.
I am active in research, which includes attachment-based interventions for mood disorders and trauma. I’ve also done extensive research on veterans’ issues, specifically with regard to the psychological impacts of war and combat, and have presented on the topic at national and regional conferences. As a registered therapy provider through the volunteer Give an Hour program, I offer pro-bono mental health services to U.S. veterans.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. If I’m not the right fit for you, I will gladly help you find another therapist who can best fit your needs.
Doctor of Philosophy (Counselor Education and Supervision)
George Washington University
Master of Science (Counseling)
Georgia State University
Post-graduate Clinical Training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
The Israel Center for the Treatment of Psychotrauma
- Licensed Professional Counselor in DC: PRC14247
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Virginia: #0701005880
- American Counseling Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Virginia Counseling Association
- Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors
Find me on:
- Counseling Today – “Standing in the shadow of addiction”
- VOA News – “This Shared Fear Unites Us During Pandemic”
- HRCI – “How to Help Employees Cope With Anxiety in Times of Crisis”